Friday 13 June 2014

Blue Bird Crazy Quilt block finished

This block is a memory block for all the wrong reasons! Also it didn't "flow" either, probably because it lived in my bag and only came out when I was sitting in medical waiting rooms, consequently I found it very, very difficult to finish.  I did the Feather Stitch loops around the bird picture and the multi-coloured edging with tiny flower sequins first while waiting for  Eddie to have treatment on his jaw bone at the Oral Surgeons.  The 3D Daffodils got done at the GPs while Eddie was getting his three-monthly implant into his stomach. The orange silk ribbon roses and also those blue flowers on the yellow patch at the top were done during two separate visits to the oncologist and that check ribbon and those orange flowers and leaves at the top left and also the butterfly with the meandering line behind it were all done while Eddie was having radiation over five days.  The rest of the bits and pieces were done watching TV to finish the damn thing off because by then it was driving me crazy. I am not at all happy with the finished result but like I said in the beginning, it is full of memories of places that I wish I hadn't been in. However, the more I look at it, the more cheerful it becomes........all this treatment is necessary for a positive outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment