Then I had a play with some bottles of dyes which are probably about eight years old and although the colours are not quite as bright as they were in the beginning, they worked well for crazy quilting motifs. I spent a couple of hours sitting under the patio in the sunshine totally lost in playing and enjoying myself. When I finished with the motifs, I tried dyeing some white satin ribbon roses and while they probably look more natural than solid colours, they didn't turn out quite how I expected them to. However I will use them on cq blocks where hopefully they will blend in with the surrounding leaves.
|I only dyed half of this length of roses, berries and leaves because I want to keep the other half natural to be included in my "Cream on Cream" crazy quilt. It's a gorgeous edging both ways, ie. plain and dyed.|