Tuesday 31 December 2013

Welcome to my New Blog

For some unknown reason, I can no longer access my previous crazy quilting blog called "Anlabyhouse". After spending hours, days and even weeks trying to fix the problems with a lot of help from blogger experts, I have decided to create a brand new blog and move on.  However, I will start by transferring some of the entries from Anlabyhouse to Viv's Crazy Quilting Journey otherwise my journey would not be complete. So please be patient while I start from the beginning all over again.......sigh.......which could prove to be quite time consuming and tedious.


From Monday 7th February 2005
My ideas have changed a bit since then..........3D doo-dads? What on earth was I thinking of by that expression?? 

Introducing Me

At last I have my own blog so I can record the ups and downs of my creative side. My normal side is totally sane and conservative which is how my parents always wanted me to be but my creative side? Well, that's a different thing altogether! I love crazy quilting because it encompasses all my other favourite crafts such as embroidery, smocking and patchwork. I can incorporate my love of genealogy by including photos of my family which have been printed on fabric and also I can add beads, buttons, charms and bits of wire and other 3D doo-dads. 
I love antique textiles, especially lace and lace motifs and like to include them when I can into my crazy quilting and also into embroidery projects. 
Fortunately, my husband is obsessed by railways - both real steam and modelling - always London and North East Railways though, so he understands my obsession with textiles and crazy quilts.


From Wednesday 9th February 2005
Again, things have changed a lot since I wrote this article.  As well as stitching while being a passenger in the car and while watching TV and sitting in the patio, I have to add sitting in waiting rooms.  The love of my life has developed cancer so I spend a lot of time waiting for him to have treatment. I stitch while we wait to see the oncologist, the radiologist, the palliative care team and the blood testing people.

My first completed crazy quilt block.


I hope that by doing one block at a time (watching TV, as a passenger in the car although I've been known to pick up my stitching and get a few stitches in while waiting at traffic lights and under the patio), I'll eventually get this quilt finished. I love the 28cm sew-as-you-go size square and find it very relaxing. Don't know how I'll feel after I've done another 27 of them.

I still haven't finished this quilt although I have completed a few more of the blocks.  A definite UFO to finish!!





No comments:

Post a Comment