Tuesday 31 December 2013

Block for Hurricane Katrina Fundraiser

I have to include a little bit about this project which I wrote about on

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Block for Katrina Hurricane relief.

It is so good to be blogging again after so long away handling real-life situations. I have to thank Sharon Boggon from inaminuteago for inviting me to be a participant in the Crazy Quilt to raise money for the American Red Cross so they can help victims of hurricane Katrina. Now I'm revisiting my much neglected blog as I use it to record my progress on my block.

I couldn't wait to get cracking on the block so immediately created a little notebook so I can record my ideas and draw my various stitch combinations before I jump in with needle and thread and find out that it doesn't work! My photos show my notebook open at the "colours" page where I glued pictures cut from the internet, from clip art, magazine cuttings and pieces of fabric.
Katrina photos 002
and here is my finished block which was included in the quilt "ALL THAT JAZZ".







No comments:

Post a Comment